Saturday, December 15, 2012

Con molto formaggio?

Well, Joseph Martin is more cheesy than I thought upon first flipping through the score. His arrangements are still in better taste than most of what I've found for piano though. I like him enough to play two arrangements for Christmas Eve.

Why is this? Organ hymn arrangements are so often wonderful. It is as if people who arrange hymns for the organ are trying to emulate Bach, while people who arrange hymns for the piano are trying to emulate Kenny G. Or perhaps I judge too quickly and have just not found the really good stuff yet? Help me out if you know...

Meanwhile, my spouse has pioneered the use of "formaggio" as a musical term. Examples:

Con molto formaggio
Formaggiatura
Poco piu formaggio
Ancora piu formaggio
Formaggioso

No comments:

Post a Comment